Coverage Learning CenterLearn about coverage for mobile homes, park model homes, and manufactured homes
Manufactured Home Insurance Coverage Options
Mobile home and manufactured home insurance quotes are available with broad options from our personal insurance team. Experience the Stratum Insurance Difference, where our team helps you find a combination of price and coverage to meet your needs. There is must more to insurance than what you see on the declarations page, a large selection of coverage options may be available.
Click a subject below to learn about each topic.
Who can live in the home?
You need different coverage depending on who lives there. This is called the occupancy.
Our team at Stratum Insurance Agency can help whether it is:
- owner occupied primary residence,
- rented to others on an annual basis
- or used as a second home, coverage options are available.
- vacation rental
- short-term rental
It is important to tell us who occupies the home when requesting your quote.
What are the common coverage on the building?
Some of the common perils (reasons for a potential claim) that you see on a policy are:
- Water (not floods)
- Smoke Damage
- Riot and civil commotion
Ideas to remember:
- Newer homes may be eligible for more coverage
- Wind and hail coverage may be limited based on location
- Discounts may be available based on the safety features of your home, such as an alarm system
Always remember that coverages vary by policy, so talk to your agent or the company for more details. No coverage is implied or afforded by this site.
What additional coverages can be added? The Bells and Whistles
The bells and whistles are often what make a policy different.
Additional coverages that are available for manufactured homes (including park models, mobiles, and modulars:
- Hobby Farms – do you have a hobby farm or ranch at your home?
- Personal Injury Coverage – this is different than personal liability
- Water damage from sewers and drains
- Golf Carts
- Identity Theft Coverage
- Additional Buildings
- Additional Living Expenses
- Credit Card Forgery
- Check Forgery
- Coverage for gates and fences
- Coverage for gazebos and sheds
- Coverage for Trees, lawns, shrubs, and plants
- Fire Department Service Charges
- Food Spoilage Coverage
Flood and Earthquake Insurance
Flood & Earthquake Insurance for Manufactured Homes
Flood Insurance may be available as an addition to your policy or as a stand-alone quote. Earthquake insurance is also available, depending on location, as part of a mobile home policy or on a stand-alone basis. Our team can help with these quotes.
Remember that both flood and earthquake are excluded from most policies.
What if I rent my manufactured home to others?
Landlord Policies for Manufactured Homes
When you rent a home to other people, there is additional risk. If you are a landlord that both allows for you to rent out the manufactured or park model home and that offers the appropriate coverages for your situation.
For example, if you rent your home to multiple tenants each year, you need a policy that allows this, as it is not generally permitted. In fact, when reviewing an application, you may see a question asking if you rent the home to multiple tenants in a year.
We can help with landlord situations such as:
- annual rentals
- short-term rentals
- seasonal rentals
- vacation rentals
- multiple units rented out – covered on a single policy
- units located in multiple states
- brush area homes
When completing your online application, choose the appropriate option for your needs.